Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kelly Clarkson "All I Ever Wanted" Tour 2010 :D

+Spiky Handcuffs. Check. Powerful Whistle. Check. Blue Lightsticks. Check. Black eyeliner (Char, not me!). Check. Budget $60 tickets. Check. Anddddddd we're ready for Kelly Clarkson! :D


GETTING THERE.


+I have to say, getting to the Singapore Indoor Stadium was a breeze! No more walking kilometres from Kallang MRT station! With the new Circle Line, the SIS is just 100m away from Stadium station! It's like a station that should have been there a long time ago, seriously. Plus, Stadium station is such a beautiful building!


THE SURPRISE(S).


+When we reached there, the first thing we noticed was the huge amounts of ang-mohs. And there are kids too! Little kids shouldn't go for concerts! They should stay at home and watch Dora! ;)



+Entering the arena itself, we saw that all the seats had these green plastic blowups, which became 1-metre long balloony things, and you could clap with them. Everyone had 2 of those. I thought that the fan club had done a terrific job! Until I saw "Starhub" printed on the side of it. =.= It's sponsored.


+Next, we realized the most perplexing thing. Our Sua Teng seats were gone. (Apparently the ticket sales weren't that fantastic.) We asked an usher where our seats were. Here's how it went down.


Me+Char: "Erm, where are our seats?"
Usher: (looks at our tickets) "Ohhhh there's been a relocation. Now you guys are just down here."
Me+Char: (YAY! Seats upgraded!) "So where do we sit?"
Usher: (points to 2 of the back row seats) "There lor."
Me+Char: (?!) "Kthanksbye."


+We just turned and left, leaving the usher bewildered. Hahaha! It's practically Free-Seating now and you're telling us to sit at the back row? HELL NO! We moved as front as the block of seats allowed and sat down! YAY! $60 tickets, $100 seats! :D Okay, we changed place again coz we got chased away by the REAL seat owners, but we got another 2 seats at around the same place. All set, and at 8.10pm, the lights dimmed and the concert started! (So on time!)


THE AMERICAN IDOL.


+"OMG She's fat!" I'm sorry, but that was the first thing that I shouted to Char over the screaming audience, who, by now were all on their feet.
"Yes she is! Didn't you know?"Char said.
"Yeah, but not this fat!"


+After that initial shock (LOL!), it was just rocking the house down from there! The setlist is in the previous post, if you are interested. She makes singing look so effortless! All those high notes! Goshhhh this is what it takes to be an American Idol!


+I also love the flashing lights, which made the whole atmosphere rather disco-ish, however, it worked with the rock genre. Strange huh? I liked her mic-stand too! It was like a long light-sabre and it kept changing colours! Cool!


+And when she sang her acoustic medley, it was just so magical and beautiful. The audience was tamed and so quiet. Here I am, once again~~~ :'(


+Because Of You brought the concert to another high. It was apparently everyone's favourite ballad, coz everyone was singing along. So touching. I wish I could relive that moment again and again. Kelly Clarkson, standing in front of you, singing Because Of You. Oh my... This song meant a lot to me coz when I was still in J2, I would listen to it on those 198 bus rides home, usually when I'm emo...




+Fake ending with Since U Been Gone! This song got everyone on their feet up, jumping and screaming the lyrics! WOOHOO! Might be the highest song of the night if not for...



+My Life Would Suck Without You! The last encore song for the concert! Kelly Clarkson rocking in her black blazer! And her mic-stand is now red! Let's just say that I was drenched in perspiration after that! :D


THE VERDICT




+It was a rocking concert! Kelly definitely connected with her audience and with the excellent setlist and covers, it sure is a pity the concert wasn't a sell-out one! By the way, the anal SIS staff have managed to annoy me again by telling me in the middle of one song that "Lightsticks and whistles are not allowed in this concert", and that I'll have to "keep it in my bag". NO WAY! WTH?! I scowled at her for a moment before I continued waving my lightstick. :D


Photos courtesy of TODAY and Charlene.

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

She is so plump now >.<