Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sad but True

+Ever feel like once you're in your 20s, time just flies? I had this random thought just now:

"Gosh it's June already. Time is sure flying by! Soon it'll be end of the year, then Orientation 2011! Yeah! Time to know more juniors! I'll be all like,"Hey! I'm Zhong Ru from the...argh crap. 26th batch. You guys are what? 30th batch? Yeah right, and I'm like 19. Kthxbye.""

+Seriously, this is it. When one turns 20, everyone expects great things from him. One needs to make it through college, one needs to get a job. One needs to get a girlfriend, one needs to get married. One needs to stop referring to oneself as "One". All these expectations are so bothersome. They tie you down and it's like for the foreseeable 4-5 years, it's scarily predictable. Okay, maybe not. Our lives have been predictable since we were 3.

+10 years from now, I'm going to be looking back at the 20 year old me and say,"Oh past-me, what happened to our hopes and dreams? Where's my dream job? Where's my dream car? Where's my dream partner? Where's my dream house? What have you been doing you lazy, stupid-"

+Yeah, you know what, screw off, future-me, this conversation isn't really happening. And FYI, here's what happened to those lofty dreams of yours/mine, whatever.

My name is not Squidward, for those wondering.

No comments: